Can't recieve dbus signals with glib

Jami Pekkanen jami.pekkanen at nokia.com
Fri Jun 29 03:39:32 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm sorry if this is a FAQ, but the documentation about this subject
seems a bit lacking. I'm trying to create a simple application that
talks to Bluez over D-BUS, but I'm stuck with a problem that I can't get
the signals to my callbacks. Using dbus-monitor I see that the signals
are sent just fine, they just don't seem to be catched by glib.

I'm quite sure that there's something I've overlooked in the D-BUS/glib
initialization, but can't just figure it out. I've attached the program
I'm trying to use and it has some Maemo specific stuff, which shouldn't
however affect the D-BUS-program. The problem should be somewhere in
functions main or find_device. The stuff within #ifndef USE_BLUEZ can be
ignored.

- Jami Pekkanen