Questions about the Python bindings

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 14:51:59 PST 2007

On Thursday 01 March 2007 6:51 pm, Don wrote:
> Phil Thompson <phil at ...> writes:
> > As far as PyQt is concerned, the next release of PyQt4 installs
> > dbus.mainloop.qt which provides the same support for the Qt event loop as
> > the dbus.mainloop.glib module provides for the GLib event loop. It is
> > also in the current development snapshots.
> >
> > Phil
>
> Thanks for the response, Phil. The last item I see about DBus in the PyQt4
> change log is:
>

> 2006/10/28 12:05:53  phil
> Removed the QtDBus support.
>
> Has there been a change of plans since then? What version re-acquired these
> bindings?

That's the last release - I was talking about current development snapshots
and the next release.

Given Simon's work on the v0.8 Python bindings it didn't make much sense to
produce separate Python bindings for QtDBus. It made more sense to make sure
that Simon's work could be easily integrated with PyQt.

Phil