Plugin-based auth/transport (WAS: SSH transport)

Zeeshan Ali zeenix at gstreamer.net
Fri Mar 2 02:39:32 PST 2007

Hello again!
    Since some people showed their concerns over an ssh-based
transport, another idea came to my mind: A plugin mechanism for
authentication and transport: A user/admin be able to tell libbus to
fetch a auth/tranport impelmentation from a dynamic library file on
the fly. This way people can write auth/transport implementations of
their own and if/once their implementations are accepted enough by the
community, they can be merged into libdbus (which shouldn't take a lot
of efforts), otherwise those implementations would stay outside dbus
and everyone would live happily ever after in any case.

Although i am myself not sure if it's a good idea or not and I got
mixed opinions from irc channel so I am writing to the ML to get more
suggestions/opinions/criticism.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali