Dbus doesn't answer on Hello, manual connection

Kristoffer Lundén kristoffer.lunden at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 11:27:23 PST 2007

Update, success but two possible bugs to report:

On 3/4/07, Havoc Pennington <hp at redhat.com> wrote:
> Another idea is to turn on the tcp listen address in your test daemon's
> .conf file, then use a tool to dump the tcp traffic in order to see what
> e.g. dbus-monitor sends when it connects to the bus.

I did this and got a good dump with the help of ethereal. There was
only two things differing in what I sent and what dbus-monitor sends:

1. dbus-monitor sends protocol major version as 1, where I sent 0 -
changing this made the server reply and everything works. This is
possible bug #1, as the specification says to send 0.

2. dbus-monitor gives the length of the array as 110, while I send
109. However,  109 works fine, and it should be correct according to
the spec - possible bug #2, is dbus-monitor or the specification
correct?

-- Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Lundén