<listen> element of the configuration file

Luigi Paioro luigi at lambrate.inaf.it
Thu Mar 8 02:45:41 PST 2007

I've never put my hands in D-Bus core code before, anyway...

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> So we can do the same thing on unix and windows for this, right?

I've tried to do for Linux something like what Ralf did for Windows, and
actually the daemon seems to run....

> In any case, the important thing is to be sure transport_get_address()
> includes the port that was chosen, so the daemon can print its new
> address and the port is in DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS

In fact, with only that simple change DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS results
wrong (it has port=0). Anyway I've looked for the actual port using
netstat, and setting up DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS manually everything
seems to work. Now I think it remains only to modify
_dbus_transport_new_for_tcp_socket and _dbus_server_new_for_tcp_socket
... but I'm not sure how...

Luigi