Bluez-DBus API error

Mark S. Townsley mstownsley at gmail.com
Wed May 9 22:03:25 PDT 2007

Hi

I am trying to make use of the DBUS API provided by Bluez Bluetooth daemon
to talk to Bluez daemon.
Any of the DBUS API I ran, I got this error:

    The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files

I am using the system bus on my client code.  And I was told the error means
DBUS cannot find my Bluez daemon hcid.  I have checked and DBUS and hcid are
both running just fine.  My /etc/dbus-1/system.d has a file
bluez-hcid.confwhich supposedly should be all I need in terms of
configuration.  Does dbus
daemon load files under /etc/dbus-1/system.d/?  Is there anything else I
need to configure DBUS to be able to find the running hcid?
Any tips/pointers much appreciated.

Mark