D-Bus core due for a release?

Tim Dijkstra newsuser at famdijkstra.org
Wed May 16 15:25:00 PDT 2007

On Wed, 16 May 2007 14:41:29 -0400
Havoc Pennington <hp at redhat.com> wrote:

> > * possibly the user database (it's unclear whether this made it into 1.0.2)
>
> Not sure I remember the current state here, but I thought there was a
> patch that needed some performance testing before we put it in.

Part of it is cleanup; there used to be two copies of the cache, also
they didn't got expired on dbus reload. The second part is a configure
switch to disable it altogether, which is the correct thing to do IMHO.
It will indeed hit performance if you use for example an LDAP server
_without_ nscd. If you install nscd I couldn't measure a difference. I
think we shouldn't redesign caching if there is already a caching
daemom.

grts Tim