win32 dbus-launch.bat replacement

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue May 29 10:08:09 PDT 2007

Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> I've appended an updated source for dbus-launch.c, with some MAX_PATH
> related fixes, some additional error printing and stuff to distinguish
> release/debug compilations.
>
> Are there any other issues with this code beside Tor's unicode
> suggestions ?

The same code detecting the session config path and debug/release
version of dbus-daemon is required in the dbus-daemon.

The autolaunch feature see _dbus_get_autolaunch_address() in
dbus/dbus-sysdeps-win.c uses the --session parameter to run the dbus-daemon.

The dbus-daemon currently uses a hardcoded path 'etc/session.conf',
which only works if dbus-daemon is installed [1] and the working dir of
dbus-daemon is set to the dbus installation root and the path layout is
like shown below

<dbus-install-root>/
    bin/dbus-daemon.exe
    etc/session.conf

If dbus-daemon is running in the build environment the path layout looks
different

<dbus-build-root>/
    bin/dbus-daemon.exe
    bus/session.conf

The solution for this problem is to implement the session.conf search in
bus/main.c where the config_file parameter is set and to use the
--session parameter in dbus-launch to start dbus-daemon.exe. This would
fix also the limitation mentioned in [1]

Ralf