signals with adaptors and interfaces

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Nov 12 06:20:38 PST 2007

Em Monday 12 November 2007 15:13:06 Vitaly V. Ch escreveu:
> In other words if I need bidirectional signal-based communication
> between two program I need write two dbus object Introspection in xml
> and generate two adaptors and too proxy interfaces and each program
> must use adaptor from one pair and proxy interface from other?

If you need bidirectional signal-based communication, you want one adaptor and
one proxy interface class in each program. Whether it requires two classes or
four classes depends on your design.

*Why* you would want such a thing, I have no idea. Signal-based communication
isn't a client-server model. It's instead a broadcast (actually, more like
multicast) model. Are you sure that's what you want?

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358