about the D-Bus C API.

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 08:39:18 PST 2007

Hi,

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I guess that the dbus-daemon has some implicit rules, then. But you should not
> be receiving signals without an add match rule.
>
> Someone else may be able to clarify the behaviour of the daemon in case there
> aren't any rules set.

IIRC signals can set the destination, in which case they'd be sent to
that destination without a match rule. Some special signals like
NameLost are also sent without a match rule. But in general, a match
rule is required to receive any message without a destination set (which
would always be a signal).