not provided by any service files

Robert Rawlins robert_rawlins at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 01:58:57 PST 2007

Hello Guys,

I've been getting a strange issue on a couple of my systems, after they've been running for a while it seems that they keep throwing the following error. What is this caused by?

org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name :1.0 was not provided by any .service files

I'm not aware of any applications I'm calling which are called 1.0, is this just a wrong exception or is something in my dbus becalming corrupt? even when rebooting or power cycling the system it doesn't appear to come back to life.

Thanks for any advice you can offer guys,

Rob