DBus CPP API

Wang Jun wangjun at gdc-tech.com
Wed Nov 21 22:16:15 PST 2007

Hi all,

I am writing a DBus CPP interface for a legacy system based on
DBUS C API. The API is based on the latest dbus 1.1.2. But
the legacy system running fedora 5 using dbus 0.6.x.x.
If I install the newest dbus 1.1.2 on that system. a lot of other
appliations will be affected such as hal etc. And to me that's a
nightmare.

My solution is to integrate the dbus 1.1.2 C library with the
CPP API I have written, building a separate package which provides
service to other applications.

My doubts are: can I have two DBus C installed at the same time
(the newer version will be part of CPP API maybe under a differnt
name ). Are there some underlying resources that dbus C API using
might cause problem? I anticipate there are some renaming
libraries work to do, is this approach going to be easier?

Any advice/opinion would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Wang Jun