where is dbus 1.2 ?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Nov 23 20:56:25 PST 2007

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> I wonder if it is not time to get 1.2 out the door. What is holding it up ?

Nothing I know of. There are a number of fixes in bugzilla that are not
applied; including a stack of portability patches from I believe Peter
O'Gorman, and a bunch of small memory leak fixes and similar stuff from
Kimmo. Those are the things I would feel most lame about failing to
apply before 1.2. At the same time, I don't know when I would have a day
to go through them all, and I guess they could go in a 1.2.1.

The 1.1.2 release notes had a plea for someone to audit the setuid
helper for system activation, which would still be advisable, but there
is not much reason to block 1.2.0 on this.

I guess the short answer is, if there are no objections from the list, I
would fully support someone following the instructions in HACKING to
make the 1.2.0 release ;-) I can't do it myself in the near future (I am
on vacation until Dec 3)

If someone is feeling really heroic it would not hurt to apply those
patches from bugzilla, and/or audit the setuid helper, and maybe even do
a quick 1.1.3 with those changes. But just putting out what we have as
1.2.0 is OK too, as far as I'm concerned. If anyone knows of
showstoppers, please bring them up.