where is dbus 1.2 ?

Sergey Struzh sergeystruzh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 14:00:40 PST 2007

Hi Havoc,

Well I know that anonymous is supported by dbus in general (i.e. when
writing a proprietary Client-Server over dbus) however I was asking
specifically regarding dbus-daemon. To my knowledge in 1.1.2, specifying
ANONYMOUS in the .conf file when running the daemon doesn't really mean that
the daemon will work in this mode. You said once:

"Oh, there's also a dbus_connection_set_allow_anonymous() that has to be
called. The bus daemon does not call this. I would have to think more
about whether it would be safe/workable to patch the bus daemon to call
it, or patch the bus daemon to call it if ANONYMOUS auth mechanism is
available.

Anyway, for now ANONYMOUS is something that has only been used with
custom servers, using it with the bus daemon has not been thought through."

So now my question is whether it was thought through already or when (if
ever) you're planning to do so? Is it your roadmap?

--
Regards,

Sergey