which program create .dbus folder

Wang Jun wangjun at gdc-tech.com
Tue Nov 27 23:46:14 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 08:24 +0100, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Wang Jun wrote:
> >  which program creates a .dbus folder for session bus
> >under user's home directory?
>
> It's dbus-launch.
I know it's dbus-launch. I just want to be more specific
# dbus-launch --config-file=session.conf
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-2LmEO0EDB1,guid=de19890cffa93398288f5c00474d1af1
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID=11539

> >the .dbus folder is missing
> >on my machine. Autolaunch always failed
> >and following error happens:
> >
> ># dbus-monitor --session
> >Failed to open connection to session message bus: dbus-launch failed to
> >autolaunch D-Bus session: Autolaunch requested, but X11 support not
> >compiled in.
>
> You have your reason above. Did you read the error message?
yes, that's why I explicitly said I have installed
dbus-x11-1.1.2-7.i386.rpm (this should be the one for x11 support I
guess)

> You did not enable X11 support when you built D-Bus. If you did not build
> it (i.e., if it came pre-built by your distribution), file a bug report
> with them.

anyway, appreciate you quick reply, thanks