Detectin mainloop integration

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Mon Oct 1 09:10:32 PDT 2007

Hi,

On 10/1/07, Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> wrote:
> I don't see the point really. Its only useful for the shared connection
> (you might not want a private connection tied to a mainloop), and its
> not easier or less code to use this than to call _get() and then call
> integrate on it.

I guess the main point here (going back to that older thread) was to
allow asserting that you had the right framework, e.g. with Qt object
system mapping the Qt main loop integration is required, so:

  set_framework("Qt", &qt_funcs, DBUS_FRAMEWORK_ABORT_IF_NOT_SET)

vs. maybe a bit of plugin code can provide GLib integration but is
happy with any integration:

  set_framework("GLib", &glib_funcs, DBUS_FRAMEWORK_USE_IF_NONE_ALREADY)

or something like that. Let's not worry about it for now, I'm not sure
it's a good idea or what it would look like anyway.