appologies

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 11:37:04 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 12:12 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Aashish Raina wrote:
> >         Failed to start message bus: Failed to open
> > "/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/dbus_contexts": No such file or directory
> >

> You compiled dbus with selinux support somehow, which requires this file
> to exist by default.
>
> One fix is to compile dbus without selinux support; configure
> --disable-selinux
>
> Another fix is to remove this line from system.conf and session.conf:
>   <include if_selinux_enabled="yes"
> selinux_root_relative="yes">contexts/dbus_contexts</include>
>
> Havoc

So the biggest issues I have seen is that you are trying to get the
latest D-Bus builds working on RHEL 4 which will cause a lot of
headache.  I suggest upgrading to RHEL 5 which will correctly setup a
1.0 version of D-Bus in which you will not have to compile it yourself.
If you need to target RHEL 4, in which D-Bus is not supported for
anything but a few system services, you will need to program to the old
0.2x API which is radically different from the final supported APIs.
There is no way you can reliably deploy a D-Bus 1.0 application on a
RHEL 4 box.