Bug? org.freedesktop.DBus no longer has unique name :1.0

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 09:23:27 PDT 2007

Hi,

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> So fixing GetConnectionUnixProcessID (and checking other methods that
> take a connection name) would be the correct thing to do.  We should
> also mention this in the spec I am guessing.

Yes. Though I think GetConnectionUnixProcessID should just return an
error for this, just as it would for a TCP connection or other
connection with unknown PID. It could return the PID of the bus, but
that is probably pointless - dbus_connection_get_unix_process_id() is a
better way to get that, avoiding a round trip. And any reason I can
think of to know the remote pid probably would not want to include the
bus daemon. Another way to think of it is that
GetConnectionUnixProcessID could be defined to get the PID of a process
connected to the bus daemon (and the bus daemon is not connected to itself).