No subject

Wed Oct 17 02:25:55 PDT 2007

changing the timeout in the read_write to -1 and nothing else.
Unfortunately that simply doesn't work: messages are still being
'lost'. It's rather worrying that this behavior is not consistent:
sometimes messages get through, sometimes they don't.

Which brings me to my second question: using read_write_dispatch(-1)
and then using borrow_message, it all works flawlessly. This seems
unlogical: if the 'dispatch' part would drop the message, then there
wouldn't be anything to 'borrow' afterwards, would there?

And what really happens to the message in the queue after I return
(not steal) it? Does it get discarded (i.e. free'd), or does it keep
on consuming memory ad infinitum?

Sorry for all these questions, but I'm trying to get a grip on the way
dbus works: we're using dbus on an embedded system, so there can't be
any missing messages or memory leaks.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Tim Wuyts