Introspection format problem/kdbus crash

Andrew Clunis andrew at orospakr.ca
Mon Oct 22 15:29:40 PDT 2007

Hey guys,

I'm running into some peculiar trouble with some introspection data my
application I have my application return on
org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect:

<!DOCTYPE node PUBLIC "-//freedesktop//DTD D-BUS Object Introspection
1.0//EN"
"http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/introspect.dtd">
<node name="/org/bulix/LCD4Linux">
  <interface name="org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable">
    <method name="Introspect">
      <arg name="data" direction="out" type="s"/>
    </method>
  </interface>
  <interface name="org.bulix.LCD4Linux">
    <method name="Display">
      <arg name="input" type="s" direction="in"/>
    </method>
    <signal name="ButtonPressed">
      <arg name="button" type="i"/>
    </signal>
  </interface>
</node>

This causes kdbus to crash on start with:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
  what():  DBusObject is not root object, but is not child of another
DBusObject!
KCrash: Application 'kdbus' crashing...

I've attached my code (which is I know is not very pretty, but it's The
Simplest Thing That Could Possibly Work).

Thanks in advance!

--
Regards,
Andrew Clunis