Need to know client/caller pid on the server side

masala north masalanorth at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 16:40:35 PDT 2007

Hi Havoc,

  Using Unix domain, still have issues with

dbus_connection_get_unix_process_id(). returns -1 for the pid.

Also running debugger is kind of cumbersome since it is an embedded device
and images are built without debug option so that we can fit
the image on the device.

Thanks
John

Havoc Pennington <hp at redhat.com> wrote:  Hi,

masala north wrote:
> How to know which transport I am running. Is this applicable to UNIX
> DOMAIN? In our case both client and server/daemon is going to be on the
> same machine. is it possible for us to use DBUS with local IPC instead
> of TCP?

If you use the message bus, unix sockets are used by default. If you
create a DBusServer you will have to tell it where to listen when you
create it, so you should know what you told it.

http://mail.yahoo.com