Ownership of DBusGProxyCall ?

Matt Hoosier matt.hoosier at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 07:19:03 PDT 2007

When I invoke the _async version of a method call created by
dbus-binding-tool in glib-client mode, the return value is a
DBusGProxyCall object.

What are you supposed to do with this thing if you don't intend to
cancel the method call or synchronously block for the finish of it?
It's declared as an opaque structure type, and I don't see any _free()
function specialized to its type.

All the docs that I can find just sort of treat it as being
automatically reclaimed when you do dbus_g_proxy_end_call(). Am I just
supposed to rely on the fact that the bindings internally call this
function when their internal async_callback specialized for the
particular method, is invoked?

Thanks,

Matt