DBus connect problems during dbus_g_bus_get

Steve Kreyer steve.kreyer at web.de
Mon Sep 10 05:08:03 PDT 2007

Hi!

In one of my apps I want to connect to dbus. This app should run on a
system where no X11 is available (instead Iam using gtk-directfb). So
when the application starts I get the following error during
dbus_g_bus_get  (Iam using the glib binding):

    ** ERROR **: Failed to get on the bus: dbus-launch failed to
autolaunch D-Bus session: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.

What went wrong? In general, is it possible to use the dbus daemon
without running an X session?
The command starting the dbus daemon was:
    /tmp/gtk_fb/bin/dbus-daemon --system

Also I've attached my system.conf in case if it's important for you.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

TIA,
Steve