execute a Glib Dbus application

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 12:35:22 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 12:31 +0530, Aashish Raina wrote:
> Sir
>      I have fresh installed cbus in red hat 4.
>     with glib binding i have a application which uses some api,and
> structures..
>
> while compiling it says .h not found...I have tried -I to gcc but nothing
> works...
> Am i missing something

Please do not reply to unrelated threads next time.  In order to find
the header files we provide package config files.  You can use commands
like:

pkg-config --cflags dbus-1 dbus-glib-1
pkg-config --libs dbus-1 dbus-glib-1

to get the correct gcc flags.  Of course these should be used with a
build system like autotools for a more robust application.

By the way I do not recommend installing the latest D-Bus or D-Bus glib
on a RHEL4 machine as they rely on older versions of D-Bus which are
incompatible with the newer versions.