using dbus in the platform

Matthias Clasen matthias.clasen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 13:21:43 PDT 2007

On 9/28/07, Havoc Pennington <hp at redhat.com> wrote

Sounds like a fine strategy, and I believe one that has been
implicitly agreed on by most people for some time; thanks for writing
it down so clearly and calling for action. We have been seeing these
"integration points that need dbus" come up again and again in the
past: unique-app, dconf, notifications,...

Wrt to code structure, I am not sure. While gdk has a relatively nice
backend separations; the places in gtk where we needed to do
platform-dependent things are pretty messy; maybe we need to clean
that up and go to a subdirectory approach.

Matthias