Methods need always return values?

Robert Rawlins robert_rawlins at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 15 05:36:30 PDT 2008

Hello Guys,

You'll have to excuse if this is a naive question to ask, however I'm new to using DBUS with GLib and need a little advice. C is also not my first language so that adds some extra spice to this mix.

After reading through the tutorial documentation found here http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-tutorial.html it seems that when calling a method which is published as a dbus service that method must _always_ return a value. Is that correct? What if the method which is called doesn't return a value? can I return a VOID value to save upsetting dbus?

Sorry again for the totally dumb question, bare with me. :-)

Thanks,

Robert