Segmentation fault when calling dbus from java. Need help

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Thu Apr 17 10:38:07 PDT 2008

On Thu Apr 17 19:47, Andrejus Chaliapinas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm playing with Dbus v1.1.2-9.fc8 on FedoraCore8 and when calling some C
> code via JNI with JDK jdk_1_5_0_15-linux-i586 I get segmentation fault with
> top of calling stack like this:

If you are using Java I _highly_ recommend using the Java implementation
of D-Bus, which doesn't use any JNI other than to write to Unix sockets.

The Java implementation and documentation can be found on the D-Bus
website:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/DBusBindings
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-java/

Having written an older version which did use JNI, you really really
want to avoid it. Also, D-Bus Java provides a lot of features and I'm
always happy to discuss adding missing ones.

Matt
--
www.matthew.ath.cx
D-Bus Java