Question on C code - any programmatic way of setting DBUS_BUS_SESSION address?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Apr 23 05:14:40 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 13:48:49 Andrejus Chaliapinas wrote:
> Well, my question was exactly related to that. Why do I need to deal with
> some internals (dbus_connection_open, dbus_bus_register, etc.) instead of
> having dbus_bus_get_private_by_address, which will do that all for me?

They are not internals. They are part of the normal API.

dbus_bus_get is a convenience function that helps you automatically identify
the bus address given the system-configured defaults. Your use-case is
obviously of non-default addresses, so you shouldn't use this function.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358