Issues while using DBUS over TCP

Eric Jonas jonas at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 6 05:46:47 PDT 2008

> Here is one example, I don't know if it's the best one:
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/local-export-daemon/trunk/

Remya,
   Did you ever make any progress with this codebase? I too am
interested in using dbus for a local lan (think avahi/mdns environment)
RPC, and foolishly assumed that it would be easy to use dbus-dameon for
this purpose (without testing first). I actually thought I had it
working at some point in the past, but I'm probably misremembering. In
any case, it seems like there are at least several people interested in
dbus-as-rpc, so maybe we could pool our efforts?

Thanks,
		...Eric