roadmap

Havoc Pennington hp at pobox.com
Thu Aug 7 21:26:27 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
<mickey at vanille-media.de> wrote:

> This is a desktop-centric view, where we have seemingly endless resources at
> our disposal. On embedded systems such as I'm working with dbus on (smart
> phones), notifications whether someone is listening for my signals is the #1
> missing feature in dbus.

Let's be crystal-clear that dbus not only _is_ but _should be_
desktop-centric. That is the point of it, and complexifying it to be
fully generic would make it much worse for desktop purposes. This is
pointed out in the dbus docs and many times on this list. Please don't
use dbus unless you're comfortable with this policy.