roadmap

smog zer smogzer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 07:16:42 PDT 2008

Just so that i can understand you better, could you give examples of
those "life support" services that use libdbus and can't whitstand a
daemon restart ?

and why are those services more important than the 2008 - to infinity
timeline complains that this mailing list will have about the lack of
support for that kind of trivial features. I find your attitude, of
rejecting the natural evolution of dbus and sticking to the defective
design as being the Achiles heel of dbus.

As for using dbus for starting another ipc that is just an awful
idea... why not model dbus so that it can be used for everything ?
that shows some lack of desire for world domination that is needed in
the GPL world. Someguy proposed in this mailing list to add shared
library transport support for dbus and what do you say to him ?
nothing... he gave up the idea because nobody shows interest... so
something that could be HUGE like incorporated shmem using dbus types
was postponed...
Sorry about the rant but i had to share my feelings.