roadmap

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Aug 12 01:49:03 PDT 2008

Havoc Pennington wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Matthew Johnson <dbus at matthew.ath.cx>
wrote:
>> It's interesting to note that of the three current implementations
>> (mine: java, alp's: .net and the reference one) libdbus is the only
>> one which does _not_ support float...
>
>It's obviously trivial to add float... *except* for the feature
>negotiation part, which unfortunately we can't ignore.

The only way I see it, the way to add float is to make all libraries be
able to decode it, but no one is allowed to send it for the next year or
two. Then when we can declare that no one is using an older decoder,
services can start using it.

That's definitely not an optimal solution and it completely sidesteps the
negotiation problem.

And it sets no easy precedent solution for more types.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358