Proxy Call Error

Daniel Morales daniel at daniel.com.uy
Thu Aug 21 08:28:26 PDT 2008

Hi, thanks both for the quick answers.

I think the problem is the difference between 'system-services' and
'services'.
The service i wrote doesn't points to be a 'system' one, so as many
others programs i install the .services file in
'$(datadir)/dbus-1/services' => /usr/share/dbus-1/services/.

If i grep 'User=' /usr/share/dbus-1/services/* none of them uses 'User='.

Is any difference about to write a 'system-' and just a 'service'?

Basically what i'm doing to start the service is:

dbus_g_bus_get()
dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name ()
dbus_g_proxy_call () // The "RequestName"
dbus_g_connection_register_g_object ()

Maybe i'm just missing something, but using a inspector shows me that
the methods are 'there'. Also, if i use dbus-send shows me the same
error, so definitly the error comes from the service and not from the
client.

Any other idea?

Thanks much

--