New D-Bus introduction and tutorial using Perl's Net::DBus

Madison Kelly linux at alteeve.com
Wed Aug 27 17:48:43 PDT 2008

Hi all,

   I've been working on a new introduction to D-Bus and a tutorial using
perl's Net::DBus binding for example code.

   I started writing this as a way to learn about D-Bus myself and as a
way to give back to the D-Bus community. As such, I would not be
surprised if I've made mistakes.

   That brings me to this email and my question/request:

   Would anyone here be willing to review this tutorial? It currently
exists in two slightly different formats; each being a presentation to a
local technology group. The differences are relatively minor though. The
TLUG talk strives to be more neutral and the TPM talk having more of a
perl focus.

   I am asking for this feedback as I hope to continue developing this
document to eventual cover all the possible ways that D-Bus could be
used with working code demonstrating each set of functions available.
Ultimately, I hope to expand the sample code to show D-Bus being used
under at least a few popular programming languages using their bindings.

   The tutorial and code samples can be seen at my project page's wiki here:

http://wiki.tle-bu.org/index.php/D-Bus_Tutorial_and_References

   Any help, feedback, advice, corrections or savage critiques are much
appreciated!

Madison