Shared Session Dbus

tomylan vydaman vydaman at live.fr
Tue Dec 2 03:41:55 PST 2008

Hello,
I do not have security problem because, for this application, our network is local and without direct exchange with Internet.
I'd like to use shared session DBus because it is, I think, the easy way to exchange data in LINUX / DBus TCP.
Could you please give me some suggestions to implement it ?

Best regards.

VyDaMan> Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 11:03:56 +0000> From: alban.crequy at collabora.co.uk> To: dbus at lists.freedesktop.org> Subject: Re: Shared Session Dbus> > Le Sun, 30 Nov 2008 15:42:06 +0100,> tomylan vydaman <vydaman at live.fr> a écrit :> > > > > Hello,> > > > I'd like to use DBUS over TCP to exchange data between applications> > in multi-hosts. According to the DBus website, I can do it by sharing> > the session DBus of an user who is logged into different hosts with a> > same home directory via a network-file-system. But I do not know the> > details of this implementation: > > > > Which release of DBus permits the shared session bus?> > Do I need to modify the configuration files of DBus (session.conf,> > system.conf, …) when I use a shared session bus ? My applications run> > under LINUX RHEL 5.2 with DBus 1.0. Can I use this release to share> > an session bus or do I have to upgrade this release under RHEL 5.2 ?> > Thank you in advance and bests regards > > Tomylan> > Sharing a D-Bus session between 2 computers can be a big security hole.> Is it the same user on the 2 computers? Giving access to your D-Bus> session means the remote user can do pretty much everything...> > If you want an application to communicate with D-Bus on 2 computers,> you can use D-Bus but in a different session. You can look at Telepathy> D-Bus tubes, which is a way to send D-Bus messages to a IM contact> (Jabber or local network).> > -- > Alban> _______________________________________________> dbus mailing list> dbus at lists.freedesktop.org> http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/dbus