dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name()

Murray Cumming murrayc at murrayc.com
Tue Dec 9 07:56:23 PST 2008

While thinking about some fundamental D-Bus API stuff,
I have a couple of questions about dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name()
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-glib/dbus-glib-DBusGProxy.html#dbus-g-proxy-new-for-name

Does it actually check that the object (identified by the name and path)
actually implements the requested interface? If so, shouldn't that
function have a GError* parameter to tell me if the interface is not
implemented, or even to tell me that the name and path don't provide an
object?

Shouldn't there be an async version of dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name() given
that it requires use of the network?

murrayc at murrayc.com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com