register bash script as dbus object

Александр Лавриненко lavrinenko_alex at mail.ru
Thu Dec 11 22:12:01 PST 2008

Greetings everybody!

I'm trying to write daemon app that needs to register itself with D-BUS as
object under some well-known name (say, org.acme.foo). This app whould
receive requests for methods and send signals. The problem is that this
daemon app needs to be written as bash script. I couldn't find decent docs
(preferably with basic examples) on how to achieve this from #!/bin/bash
scripts.

If someone can point me to the docs describing the way to implement dbus
object and dbus client with bash scripting this would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--
Alexander B. Lavrinenko