Creating services in C

Søren Hauberg hauberg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 10:42:31 PST 2008

2008/12/23 Rui Tiago Cação Matos <tiagomatos at gmail.com>:
> 2008/12/23 Søren Hauberg <hauberg at gmail.com>:
>> Now, I need to port this code to C. Could anybody give me some
>> pointers, on which functions to look into, etc. ?
>
> If you don't mind the dependency on GObject you might want to look at
> David Zeuthen's recently announced EggDBus:

Looks quite interesting -- it somehow feels good to see I'm not the
only one who find D-Bus in C hard :-)
I don't mind the GObject dependency (I'd like to avoid it, but I can
manage if it makes my life a lot more easy), but I'm not entirely
comfortable using code that's only two days old. I assume the API will
change quite a bit in the near future, but perhaps that's a false
assumption?

Søren