Coverting a byte stream to a DBUS message and vice versa

Priya Raghavendra Priya_Raghavendra at mindtree.com
Mon Dec 29 20:09:49 PST 2008

Hi,

In my system I have multiple processors. Each processor has the Linux OS and DBUS is used as the IPC mechanism between applications.

However if I have to send a signal from one processor to another processor, the channel is I2C.

So basically the requirement is to convert the DBUS message into a byte stream on one processor and then reconstruct a DBUS message again from the byte stream.
The length and type of argument in the DBUS signal is variable.

When I create a DBUS signal on Processor1 from say Application1, I append arguments to the DBUS signal using va_list.

Now when I receive the DBUS message, I need to get a byte stream, send this over I2C and then on Processor 2 reconstruct the DBUS message again.

Please let me know if this is feasible.

Thanks,
Priya