New release of dbus-java (2.4)
dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Tue Feb 5 04:19:47 PST 2008
I have just released dbus-java 2.4. Things of note:
* Builds with free toolchain
* BSD/Mac OSX support
* Assorted bug fixes
* Many speedups
* i18n support
* Add DBusMemberName to force method names or signal names to something
other than the Java name (suggested byaViktar Vauchkevich <vctr -at-
yandex -dot- ru>)
* Don't respond to Introspect/Ping except on the right interface
(pointed out by Serkan Kaba <serkan_kaba -at- yahoo -dot- com>)
* Automatically unexport objects which go out of scope in the
parent program (don't hold a strong reference). This is now
optional and not the default for 1. sanity and 2. a possible
bug in the WeakReference workings in Sun.
* Add fallback objects---a single object can be called for any
object under a given path prefix.
* Add support for localization of strings via gettext.
* Throw a nicer error when signals are not declared as part of an
* .viewerclasses needs to depend on .binclasses
* Use libunixsocket-java support for writing multiple byte arrays at
once to write message vectors
* check that the unix-socket-received uid matches for connections to
* Update to use libunixsocket-java syntax which works on BSDs
* Fix utf-8 characters used in test to actually be the same character...
* Add code to preallocate the buffer array array (Suggested by Adam
Bennett <cruxic -at- gmail -dot- com>)
* Fix warnings when building with gcj (fixes a bug in Peer handling and
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/attachments/20080205/efb047b7/attachment.pgp
More information about the dbus