Service File Not Present

Robert Rawlins robert_rawlins at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 8 06:46:07 PST 2008

Hello Guys,

I've just installed a new service onto the system, however I'm not able to connect to it, it keeps throwing an exception saying the service was not supplied by any .service files.

After doing a search on the system I can see that the service I've installed has made a .service file for itself in /usr/local/share/dbus-1/services/. However, I also cant find any other .service files on the system, is that normal?

Is there any way in which to get dbus looking at that .service file when it loads?

Thanks guys,

Robert