Service File Not Present

Robert Rawlins robert_rawlins at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 9 10:27:40 PST 2008

> You need to use a "User=foo" line into the service file so that dbus> knows what user to launch the process as.

Thanks for that advice Richard, I appreciate it. I've made that change by setting the user as root, I don't know if root is the right one to be using for when I go to production but it'll be fine for the sake of getting me up and running. It seems to have taken us to the next step, however, I'm now getting a different error when running my application and trying to create the service.

DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.FailedToSetup: Failed to setup environment correctlyDo you happen to know what this is? it seems somewhat more serious than the last one :-D

Thanks for your time Richard,

Robert