Dbus Object Extension/Inheritance in Python

Robert Rawlins robert_rawlins at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 05:32:41 PST 2008

Hello Chaps,

I've got a few classes in a dbus library which I want to add additional functionality too and wanted to get your opinions on the best way to do this. Generally when working with standard Python classes I would simply inherit from the base class, however, I wonder if this is possible from a dbus object? or should I be looking at creating proxy objects or using a decorator pattern?

I'd be really interested to get your thoughts on this guys,

Robert