Abstract namespace connections (Connection refused)

@4u fd4u at vplace.de
Thu Feb 14 13:33:21 PST 2008

Hi,

ok - I thought it might be a PHP bug but it looks like it isn't. My
current PHP code (connecting to the system bus or a session bus) seems
to have some kind of false assumption.

I thought it's enough to connect to a real or abstract socket via its
path. If I try to connect to an FAM socket in the abstract namespace, it
works. Unfortunately I get "Connection refused" if I try to open a user
session in /tmp/. What's special with the user session sockets? The
process trying to connect has the same uid and pid as the owner of the
socket - so this can't be the reason, right?

Thanks for your help