dbus cleanup question

Macartney, Geoff gmacartney at tycoint.com
Tue Feb 19 04:06:02 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm using the low level API to dbus (working on an embedded platform).
What cleanup do I need to do when shutting down, to prevent any resource
leaks? My programs open a connection to the system bus, and I'm assuming
I need to call dbus_connection_unref on the connection when I'm done
with it. But what about the following?

If I've added matches to the connection using dbus_bus_add_match, do I
need to explicitly remove them with dbus_bus_remove_match before I unref
the connection?

If I've added handlers for object paths using
dbus_connection_register_fallback or
dbus_connection_register_object_path, do I need to remove them using
dbus_connection_unregister_object_path before I unref the connection?

Are there any other cleanup actions I should be thinking about?

Regards

Geoff Macartney

Tyco Safety Products/CEM Systems Ltd.
Registered in Northern Ireland: NI 25728.  Registered Office: Unit 4 Ravenhill Business Park, Ravenhill Road, Belfast, BT6 8AW..

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete any copies in your possession.