Help with DBusCall

mohammad rizk mhd.rizk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 08:56:30 PST 2008

Hi

I am new to dbus, I downloaded the latest release of dbus-java and tried to
use the DBusCall function to call a method. if the method does not take
arguments, I do not face any problem; however i face problems when the
method takes arguments. I do not know if i am using it in the wrong way or
there is a bug in the code.

I am using it in the following way:
DBusCall org.freedesktop.DBus.Examples.Echo
/org/freedesktop/DBus/Examples/Echo org.freedesktop.DBus.EchoDemo Hello

where Hello is the method name, when I append [world] to the above command
where "world" is a string argument , it starts giving errors like

DBusException: Failed to parse DBus type signature

If I remove the [] it gives the following error:
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0

I really appreciate any help

thank you