[ANNOUNCE] D-Feet D-Bus Debugger

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 09:39:56 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 11:54 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Bastien,
>
> > > Also I have some problems with the icon loading on Ubuntu Gutsy.
> > > Something seems to be wrong, but I can't figure out what. The icons are
> > > install under /usr/share/hicolor/16x16/apps/dfeet-* and it looks good,
> > > but for some reason they are not loading. Maybe I have to install some
> > > extra Python package to make this work. Any ideas.
> >
> > D-Feet is probably missing a call to gtk-update-icon-cache in its
> > install-data-local target.
>
> you are right. After "gtk-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/hicolor" as
> root the icons show up. However not all of them. Seems there are some
> still missing:
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dfeet/_ui/wnck_utils.py", line 22, in __init__
>     self.default_icon = icon_theme.load_icon('dfeet-icon-default-service', 16, 0)
> gobject.GError: Icon 'dfeet-icon-default-service' not present in theme

Ah, it's in the tarballs but I forgot to check it into git.  One of
these days I'm going to look at tools making git the primary package
format to avoid inconsistencies like this.  Anyway, checked in and
pushed.  I also pushed your patch.  Next time can you commit it in your
local git tree and send me a formatted patch so I can merge it as if you
checked it in yourself? Thanks.