Passing structure over d-bus - glib - example

Naveen Verma ernaveenverma at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 11:13:14 PST 2008

Hi,

Passing the dbus structure with low level api is really difficult, you need
to write lot of code and can make mistakes easily. So I would recommend you
to use any binding may be dbus-glib. I tried to use once by using low level
C api and it was very difficult. As per my understanding you need to attach
an iterator with you message, then open a container put the structure
members in the container and then close the container. The same way parsing
is rather difficult.

I am also looking in glib binding.  If you download the dbus-glib binding
source code, that has some examples in dbus/example/ dir. that might help
you.

-Br
Naveen