Universal standard mapping between D-Bus and URI namespaces

Scott James Remnant scott at canonical.com
Tue Jul 1 16:12:28 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 19:54 +0200, Anders Feder wrote:

> Currently, D-Bus interface and bus name namespaces are named in
> accordance with the Java-like reverse-domain-name naming scheme, e.g.
> org.freedesktop.dbus.myinterface.

What surprised me was that you started with the well known
reverse-domain-name scheme, and then tottered off into strange territory
by then using dbus.freedesktop.org for anything.

Shouldn't instead the URL scheme be:

or maybe just skip the bus name, since it's theoretically uninteresting:

  http://<interface name in reverse>/dbus/<method>

That way ownership is still retained in an interesting way.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant
scott at canonical.com