problem in dbus when running the application

amar nath nani303402 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 22:01:14 PDT 2008

Hi everybody,

                      I am using the fedora 7 on my system. I installed the
dbus-1.2.1 on the fedora. When i am running this application on my sytem i
am getting this error. This is coming when i am in the super user only. when
i am in normal user its working fine...Please tell me what's the error in
the super user mode. I want to check this one on the arm platform also.
Please tell me. On the arm platform there is only super user. So I want to
resolve this problem.

The problem is:

gcc -o dbus dbus-example.c -ldbus-1

After running this using *./dbus receive* it is showing like this:

Listening for signals
Connection Error (Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the
remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was
broken.)